Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Variations on Groundwork Exercises

Featuring:  Hannah with Wildfire
 
 
I am working with a 12 year old pony mare I've had since January of 2013.  She used to get very upset when I would take her out of her pen away from the horses and is still a very sensitive little pony.  Keep in mind folks that a sensitive horse is better than a dull horse who has no fear of humans.  In this video I am doing several ground exercises that have been taught by Parelli and other natural horsemanship trainers.  These ground exercises have been crucial to getting this little mare calm, attentive, and responsive.  I hope I'll be able to show more training videos in the future.  Thanks for watching.  I hope this is a help to you and your horses. 
 
Note: This video was not edited so I apologize for any background noise, low volume, or recording instructions.
 

1 comment:

  1. As I watched this video again, I relized how fast I went through everthing. I apologize for this and hope those of you that watch can catch all that I'm saying. Next time I think I will record in shorter segments and put them together into one. I will try to show a riding video next

    ReplyDelete