Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Dream Come True

A Gift from God

Ever since I was little, I always looked forward to my favorite part of parades: the horses.  As I watched them pass, this little girl with a cowgirl hat would envision herself riding on one of them.  One day I hoped to own and ride a horse--including in a parade.  At almost 19 years of age, this little girl's dream has come true. 


 Despite the fact that the school band was behind us, the horses became used to the drums and trumpets behind them.  I told Wally it was OK, and made it fun.  Pretty soon it seemed like we were prancing in front of the band in the street!



Thanks to God, my parents, and mentors this dream has come true. Three years ago, I would never have imagined that I would be riding the then 5 year old just been gelded stud. For this horse I prayed, a horse that cost me nothing, once not useful, considered second choice, and untrained, now proving himself faithful and useful. To God be the Glory. We have a God who can make all things possible!




Special Thanks to:
 
God
Thank you God for answering my prayers and giving me the desire of my heart--
even when You didn't have to.
Dad:
Thanks for driving the truck and trailer and hooking me up with these riders.
My parents:
 Thanks for letting me have a horse.
These riders and horses:
Thanks for letting me ride with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment